Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I can't, I can't, I can't!!

Julia LOVES horseback riding....... but she has had a couple of falls in recent weeks, and is something of a drama queen these days. On the day of a recent horseback riding lesson, she had twisted her pinky finger playing with Tim (no sympathy from me - they were playing with Tim's toy handcuffs and I WARNED them...) Anyway, Julia complained and complained to her riding instructor about how much her finger hurt. I think she was hoping for sympathy or an easier lesson. Instead, her instructor said -- "Okay then - we'll work on balance and leg strength. No reins for this lesson, but you will still need to trot, post, work on diagonals, and your half seat". Julia protested bitterly -- "I can't, I can't! I'll fall! This is impossible..." And yet, in just seconds, you can see in the video what happened!

Here she is trotting, posting, changing diagonals.....and getting comfortable with "no hands"!

No comments: